Put your foot down for a great cause!
Looking for a way to increase your fitness levels, develop new healthy habits, have a great time with friends, and raise incredibly important funds to support groundbreaking research into cerebral palsy (CP) across the US and beyond - all at the same time?
Then look no further, because here it is - Steptember 2017.
Steptember challenges people to take 10,000 steps a day for 28 days straight in, yes you guessed it, the month of September.
Unlike many other charity challenges, Steptember is done in your own time. Just take 10,000 steps a day whenever you like, wherever you like, and log your steps online. And keeping track of those steps is just as easy with the fantastic new pedometer you’ll get just for signing up.
Sounds easy, right? Well, perhaps not. But certainly rewarding, inspiring – and enormously appreciated!
Let’s face it. Taking 10,000 steps a day for 28 days straight is one heck of a commitment! But every step will be made easier because you’ll know that it’s all for a very worthy cause.
Thanks to the sponsorship of friends, family and colleagues, you’ll raise vital funds for research into ground breaking treatments for cerebral palsy.
Every dollar you raise during Steptember allows us to promote and support high quality research into the treatment, prevention and cure for cerebral palsy. By harnessing and focusing expertise to aggressively accelerate medical breakthroughs, Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation has become the world leader in cerebral palsy research. Our international collaborations have shared data sets and research results to allow not only for improved early detection and advancements in treatments, but also for the next quantum leap in cerebral palsy research.
But these things are only possible with your support. So go on, register your interest today. The steps that you’ll take this Steptember will help more kids like Katie to take theirs, and that’s a beautiful thing.
How it works
1. Register your interest for Steptember 2017 and we will let you know when registration officially opens.
2. Beginning September 4, you can track your daily step count on your very own pedometer (provided in your event kit) and record your steps via the website or your smartphone.
3. The goal for each team member is to take 10,000 steps every day for 28 days during the month of September. That’s the equivalent of virtually climbing the highest peak on every continent! Not bad for a month’s legwork. Walking isn’t the only way to reach your daily step count. You can run, cycle, swim or even dance your way to glory. There are over 40 different activities you can convert to steps including activities for people with a disability.
4. 10,000 steps per day is no easy feat, so make every step count by asking your friends, colleagues, and family members to sponsor you by making an online donation or you could even hold your own mini fundraiser.
When you register you’ll receive a Steptember Kit which includes a high quality pedometer to count your steps, a Steptember Handbook and exclusive access to the Steptember website.
Registration is $25 per team member.
Reasons to Step Up to the Challenge
- You’ll have a great motivation to exercise more. You’ll get off the bus one stop early. You’ll take the stairs instead of the elevator. You’ll dance in the supermarket (well, maybe).
- Speaking of: you’ll have more energy. You’ll sleep better. You may even lose a few pounds – which of course is all win-win!
- You’ll set up some friendly competition in the office and challenge colleagues (or as we call them: ‘arch enemies’) you know you can beat!
- Best of all you’ll feel great knowing that the money you raise is going to a fantastic cause. You’ll be supporting the world's best cerebral palsy research, as we get set to take quantum leaps in our understanding of this complex condition and edge closer to the prevention and cure we think is possible.
Just by reading this you’re on your way to taking your first step.